Medical Assistant Training in San Antonio
Available in Traditional In-Person or Hybrid-Online Learning Formats!
Medical Assistants are valuable members of the healthcare profession, working with and alongside doctors to treat and take care of patients in need. Medical assisting is a career that requires heart and deep compassion; it is a challenging career but very rewarding. At Lamson, you can master the skills you need and get prepared to obtain industry-recognized certifications that will demonstrate your knowledge and skill and can help get you hired.
With Lamson’s 9-month, 24.5 semester-credit program, you will learn clinical skills including:
- Measuring patients’ vital signs
- Administering medications and injections
- Recording information in medical recordkeeping systems
- Preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies
- Collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing
…and administrative skills including:
- Answering telephones, greeting patients, scheduling appointments, and handling correspondence
- Filing and maintaining patients’ medical records
- Filling out insurance forms
- Arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services
- Handling billing and bookkeeping
- Acting as a patient coordinator by providing a means of communication between the patient and the medical staff
Lamson graduates will hold a Basic Life Support For Healthcare Providers (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA), OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens, and HIPAA certification, each required by potential employers. Graduates will also be prepared to test for industry-recognized certifications including the Certified Medical Assistant (MA1) and/or Certified Clinical & Administrative Assistant (MA1) certifications from the MedCA certifying agency. Graduates may also choose to sit for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician (PH1) certification or the Certified EKG Technician (EKG1) certification from the MedCA certifying agency.
How Can Lamson Help You Become a Medical Assistant?
Medical assistants complete a variety of administrative and clinical tasks, as well as act as a patient coordinator by providing a means of communication between patients, doctors and other health care providers. Through hands-on, practical training, Lamson students learn the knowledge and skills to work in entry-level positions in medical clinics, private medical practices, hospitals, and private labs. With Lamson, you can get the training you need to become a medical assistant in as few as 9 months!
Why Train to be a Medical Assistant at Lamson?
Lamson’s Medical Assistant program provides hands-on training so that students may practice in real life situations, rather than learning just from textbooks. Students at Lamson learn critical skills, including how to:
- Assist physicians in medical office examinations
- Perform basic laboratory skills and procedures
- Perform back office procedures, including recording, monitoring, and mounting electrocardiograms, completing physical examinations, tray set-ups, injections, positioning and draping, and charting a patient’s medical history
- Perform the administrative duties of the office including bookkeeping, record management, appointment scheduling, insurance, and medical practice management
If you are ready to take the first step towards a career in which you can help others and be proud of what you do, Lamson has a tremendous training program and facility to train you for success as a medical assistant!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH LAMSON!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
Take the Lamson “Career Training Readiness Quiz”
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Like Lamson on Facebook!