Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialist Training at Lamson
Certified Professional Coder-A (AAPC)
Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialists are an important part of our healthcare system; with Lamson, you can master the skills you need to obtain your first job.
Hands-on, practical training teaches the knowledge and skills you need, including:
- Comprehensive medical coding and billing procedures
- Current medical software and trends in the insurance industry
- Medical terminology
- Medical billing software
- How to prepare and file insurance claims and analyze benefits
Get industry-recognized certifications that demonstrate your knowledge and skill and can help get you hired.
Lamson graduates are prepared to test for the Certified Professional Coder-A certification from the AAPC
Why train to be a Medical Coder/Biller/Office Specialist?
The healthcare industry is booming and as the American healthcare system modernizes, there is an increased focus on health data and the digitization of medical records. As a result, there is an increased demand for skilled billing and coding specialists. If you are organized, detail-oriented, and interested in a career in the medical field, then a career as a Medical Biller, Coder, or Office Specialist may be the right choice for you!
What does a Medical Coder/Biller/Office Specialist do?
Medical billers, coders, and office specialists are the healthcare professionals responsible for many important tasks in the medical office. Medical coders and billers work hand in hand to translate healthcare services rendered into requests for payment from insurance companies. A medical coder codes individual patient services and diagnoses, and a medical biller uses those codes to request payment from the patient’s insurance company. These medical office specialists perform vital administrative tasks, freeing doctors and other medical staff to provide care to patients.
What is the job outlook for Medical Coders/Billers/Office Specialists?
Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialists are in high demand!
- Employment in the medical billing and coding field is expected to grow 11% by 2028 (BLS)
- Demand for health services is increasing as the population ages, requiring more medical tests, treatments, and procedures, as well as more claims for reimbursement from insurance companies (U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2015)
- Projected job growth of more than 23,000 new medical billing/coding/office specialist jobs in the U.S. in coming years
Where can Medical Coders/Billers/Office Specialists work?
Graduates of Lamson’s Medical Biller/Coder/Office Specialist training program are qualified to work for:
- Medical clinics
- Private medical practices
- Medical billing companies
- Insurance companies
As a medical biller/coder/office specialist, you may find work in almost any part of the country; some individuals may find they are able to work from their own home.
If you are ready to start your career in the medical field, then Lamson has a tremendous training program to train you for success as a medical biller/coder/office specialist!
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH LAMSON!
Are You Career Training Ready? Find Out!
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for.
Get Your Career Training Readiness score now.
Like Lamson on Facebook!